Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Top Female M:C's of ehT 90's.

So I'm in the whip.. Bumping M.I.A.'s Kala. It was about 8:14 am. Doing 25 mph on the Grand Central, Queens Zone, NYC. Deciding on what blunt object in my car I can use to out myself due to the parking lot traffic I was sitting in while heading to work.. smh. I thought, let me share my opinion on the hottest female MCs thus far.



Lil' Kim

It must have been love at first site when she stood on that bearskin rug and gave me a chubby. lol. The Hardcore LP back in 96' showed me that females can do exactly what males can do for Hip-Hop. I mean no pun intended to MC Lyte, Roxanne Shante, Antoinette etc. back in the 80s. But, Lil' Kim set the bar and rolled out the red carpet for hood music for females. Yesss. and plus the poster was poppin'. I gotta get a new copy for my room. shhh. No wifeys allowed.




Foxy Brown

Another dope female rapper also from ehT Brooklyn Zone! Loved her albums esp. that one joint that Havoc did on her Ill Na Na LP called "The Promise" and can't forget "My Life" off the Chyna Doll LP, that Kane West produced I mean Kanye West. But, that was when his plastic still said "Kane".




Lauryn Hill

No matter how nutty she has gotten her music stays tattooed in my mind. She was the "Kanye West" of female rappers. Yezzy raps and makes beats. She rapped, made beats and sung beautifully. Her pain poured out into her music and I guarantee they're isn't a single Ipod that doesn't have "The Misunderstanding of Lauryn Hill" LP. This shit got me through mad girlfriend trouble back in high school. She's classic, Hands down. Shouts to L-Boogie and The Fugees.



-ehT Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment